AGREED REPORT FROM MEETING OF JOINT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (JMC) ON WEDNESDAY 13 FEBRUARY 2019
1. Garrett Donnery (Director) gave the monthly report from Synergy Golf to the meeting. He outlined the plans of the company for the course for the coming months and gave details of how the new membership software and membership collection is being implemented.
2. The JMC agreed a budget for 2019.
3. In a review of membership categories and issues raised by members, the JMC decided that the Intermediate and Adult Student membership categories were no longer necessary. Concerns voiced by lady members at the end of January were brought to the meeting’s attention, discussed in detail, and it was decided to leave current arrangements in place for this year. Modifications were made to the under 40 category to increase retention rates and consolidate income to the club.
4. The club’s 2019 GRAND DRAW proceeds will be directed toward the following improvements to the course : a) building two tee boxes for the ladies course, b) sanding six fairways, c) commencing year one of a four year greens enhancement through incorporating bent grass variety, d) purchase of a mower to introduce a semi-rough cut.
5. The Captains were wished well on their Drive in on Sunday 3rd March.
6. New competition prize-winner vouchers will be available from the printer in the next few days and their arrival will allow the Competition Secretaries to issue the vouchers to recent prize winners. There are two categories of vouchers: one for use in Pro Shop and one for use in restaurant / bar. The use of new competition prize-winner vouchers will be confined to pro shop and restaurant / bar. The previous use of vouchers for sub payment / competition entry / flex tops etc is being discontinued.
7. A Fixture Card 2019 will be available shortly and this replaces the Members’ Diary.